Key Market Factors
How Long Does it Take to Sell a Home?
There is no easy answer. Some homes sell in a few days, others may take several months. Recognizing the key factors that influence a sale can give you significant control over market time.
The Proper Balance Of These Factors Will Expedite Your Sale:
- Location is the single greatest factor affecting value.
- Neighborhood desirability is fundamental to a property’s fair market value.
- Buyers compare your property against competing properties.
- Buyers interpret value based on available properties.
- The real estate market may reflect a seller’s market or a buyer’s market.
- Market conditions cannot be manipulated. An individually tailored marketing plan must be developed accordingly.
- Property condition affects price and speed of a sale.
- Optimizing physical appearances and advance preparation for marketing maximizes value.
- The more flexible the financing, the broader the market, the quicker the sale, and the higher the price.
- The terms structured to meet your objectives are important to successful marketing.
- If the property is not properly priced, a sale may be delayed or even prevented.
- Comprehensive market evaluation will assist you in determining the best possible price.