If you are planning to put your Incline Village luxury home on the market this fall, it goes without saying that you are hoping to sell your home as quickly as possible, this means you will have to stage for success.
Here are some staging ideas to stay on top of your game in the Incline Village area and become one of the fastest selling luxury homes.
- Boost curb appeal. You will hear this many times and for good reasons.
Some buyers that are thinking of touring your Incline Village luxury home will do a quick drive-by first, often deciding on the spot if it is even worth a look inside. Make sure your home is ready to lure in onlookers with these tips:
- Repair the driveway and paths
- Hang easy-to-read house numbers
- Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
- Wash front windows
- Install outdoor lighting
- Clear away all clutter. If you are serious about staging your Incline Village home for sale,all clutter must go. Clean and clear surfaces, floors, cupboards and closets, this way you will create more space in the eyes of potential buyers.
- Create a master bedroom that will appeal to both sexes. Appeal to everyone with a clean, tailored master bedroom and get rid of features that seem too gender specific. You can’t go wrong with a neutral wall color, crisp linens and tasteful artwork.
- Update kitchen fixtures. You don’t need to replace the countertops or even paint to give your kitchen an update. Studies show that new kitchen appliances bring high returns from sellers, so get rid of old appliances that make the rest of the kitchen look dated. If your cabinet knobs look dated, swap them out with new ones. You can always ask your broker for advice when it comes to staging your Incline Village luxury home, this way you are sure you’re not spending money with unnecessary improvments.
- Emphasize Comfort. As the weather cools down, a warm and cozy atmosphere will encourage potential homebuyers to stick around during showings, giving them more time to admire your home. Accentuate your sofas and chairs with throw pillows and plush throws.
- Tempt (Allure, Attract, charm?) people to explore the whole house. By placing something that draws the eye at the top of the stairs, in hallways or in corners, you can pique curiosity and keep potential buyers interested throughout a whole home tour. A piece of artwork, a painted accent wall, a window seat can all work to draw the eye.